Thursday 22 March 2012

Uglies Map



              This map is an overview of the world that the Uglies takes place in. I created this map to give the reader a sense of direction so that they know where all the places are in relation to others. The map shows the journey that Tally took to get to The Smoke and it even shows where New Pretty Town is. Of course there is no official "Map" but I was able to gather enough information from the text to get a rough idea of where everything is in the world, and went from there.

            I wanted to use the colours to my advantage by using more natural colours for the forest and The Smoke, very dull colours for Uglyville and Rusty Ruins and I used vibrant almost artificial colouring for New Pretty Town. I did this to signify the different culture levels. A natural culture for the forest and The Smoke. A dead culture for the ruins, a suburban feel for Uglyville and of course for the vibrant party town known as New Pretty Town, I used vibrant colours.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment