Thursday 29 March 2012

Journal Entry #4 (Reflection)

           This journal entry is written by Dr. Cable. She is writing right before The Specials invaded the Smoke. She talks about the reasons behind all of the lies that the government had told. She explains her feelings toward humanity, showing her hate for the way humans function and the destruction they cause. Because Dr. Cable is such a cold person, I tried to write like that as well. I find that trying to "be" the person you write as is a good way of shaping the character and mood of the writing. I did this with all of my journals and I got reasonably good results.

            I feel that Dr. Cable is vital to the story because without her... well there wouldn't be much of a story. She's the reason Tally had to go to The Smoke and also the reason The Smoke was destroyed. She was the main antagonist in this book and is even more important in the sequels (I'm not going to spoil anything however). I think Dr. Cable is one of the more interesting antagonists, as she does not directly intend to hurt Tally, but she doesn't have good intentions either. Maybe she has some secret that she hasn't revealed yet, or maybe not! \You have to read on to find out!



     

No comments:

Post a Comment